Monday, September 22, 2008

Thank You Friend!

Well, as a follow up to the encouragement post, I must tell you about a friend of mine who is very near and dear to my heart. We haven't known each other long...maybe 4 years or so, but I consider her a cherished friend. You know when you meet someone and it feels like you've known them for years? Well, that's her. She's sweet and fun to be around. She and her husband moved away a year or so ago but we still keep in touch. I have to share with you an email I received from her. And this is one of the only direct encouragements I've EVER received from a friend. She wrote:


"First of all, we miss you guys...secondly, i just want to take a second to encourage you and say thank you for being such a wonderful step-mom!! for real! I know it is not easy all the time (not just with the kids, but also with the extended family etc)...i thank God that i have a wonderful step-mom and am sometimes closer to her than my real mom, because of our relationships with Christ....but i just want you to know that your kind heart and gentle spirit in loving them do not go unnoticed....I just think, and i know God does too...that you are the ultimate servant in this and i admire you greatly!!!"


I can't begin to describe the overwhelming gratitude I felt at the moment I read that. I'll always remember and be thankful to her for reaching out and taking a few minutes out of her day to encourage ME! I want to encourage YOU now to do the same for the stepmoms you know. Let's take some time to focus on building each other up. As a fellow stepmom, I know how discouraging and heartbreaking it can be when you don't feel supported or encouraged by your friends. If you are a stepmom, I am praying today that God will surround you with friends who will support and lift you up on a daily basis.

To my dear friend - Thank you for being such an incredible blessing to me! God knew I needed loving encouragement, support and hope for the future from a sister in Christ! Love you!

No comments: