Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Attitude Adjustment

So we had an altercation with the "ex" a few weeks ago. I won't go into all the details because quite frankly, they don't matter. I've just come to realize that her actions are usually all hinged on her mood swings and her compulsive desire to make things all about her. So we did what we knew Christ would want us to do. Take the high road. Our intentions were pure and our reactions to her were pure yet honest. God revealed just a little piece of Himself to me and I have to share it with you. A song in my workout mix helped me change my views and thinking.


However long our feet have walked on this world
We've all lived long enough to know
That sometimes life will go our way
And other times it won't
But still I've got this joy inside of me
With each new dawn I do believe to

Say hey, it's a good day
Even if things aren't going my way
Jesus is Lord and I am saved
So, say hey, it's a good day

Circumstance and situations change
You know life can turn on a dime
But there's a constant hope and peace
That I have come to find
And it's all because of who God is
And that He is alive and I am His, so

Say hey, it's a good day
Even if things aren't going my way
Jesus is Lord and I am saved
So, say hey, it's a good day

We are all as happy as we make our minds up to be I have just decided that nothing's gonna take this joy from me

- Artist: FFH (Far From Home)

I highly suggest you download this song on iTunes. At least go listen to a sample before you make up your mind not to! Click the iTunes link above and it'll take you directly to the song. It's a great upbeat song that will lift your spirits when you've had a rough day. Sometimes you can't stop thinking about things like this and it can really clouds your head, darken your outlook and even ruin your day.

I'm going to remember that every time something like this happens. I'm going to make up my mind that I will be as happy as I can be and nothing is going to take this joy from me! God is the giver of all peace and joy. And NO ONE can take that from you if you are a believer in Christ! As soon as I heard this song and I returned from my workout, I was determined! And God did give me an incredible joy for the rest of the day! I was amazed at how my day turned out! I am so thankful for a Savior who loves us so much even when we've done nothing to deserve it. So stand strong, don't let Satan have a foothold on you, pray for joy and peace during those times of difficulty and say hey, it's a good day! Love you all and I'm praying for you tonight!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love it! I am encouraged when I visit your page, our situation is so similiar its almost scary!! It's nice to know that I'm not the only one, thanks for being bold and sharing, it's a real blessing!

thestepmomlife said...

I'm so glad you were encouraged! God gives me these stories to share and I'm certain he allows things to happen to help others when they may face the same things! So I'm so glad God has blessed you through my circumstances! God Bless you!